Sunday 23 February 2014

Pitas

This really isn't going to become a food blog, but here was today's project. Pitas! We all love hummus in our family and have been eating it with mini pitas. Greg suggested that I make some, and I thought it was a decent idea. I used this recepe: http://greekfood.about.com/od/greekbreadspitas/r/pitabread.htm They were easy to make and turned out reasonably enough. The dough actually raised for me, which I was nervous about because I haven't had the best of luck with doughs outside of my bread maker lately. They did say to let it sit for 1.5-2 hours which is longer than other recipes I've tried. I didn't take any pictures while making the dough or rolling it out. It took a while to roll out all the dough, but it wasn't difficult. They didn't brown much in the oven, but I didn't really expect them to as the recipe says to heat and brown them in a pan with a little oil before eating. I did that with a few of the pitas and froze most of them. From the oven:
After a bit of browning
I did think it was funny that if you push down on the pitas as they're browning with a spatula the steam gets caught inside sometimes and makes them puff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment