Monday 13 January 2014

Twist cardigan

Saturday was a busy day and yesterday I didn't feel like crafting in the evening (usually a sign that I'm overtired), so I don't have much to report. I cast on this sweater...twice: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twist I'm doing it as part of a knit a long (KAL) and because I love making sweaters. I've made 4 so far (3 for me and one for my daughter) and will try to post on them later. This cardigan has what I'm looking for in a knitted project. Some sort of design to make the knitting not totally boring, but not so much cabling where I can't knit it without looking at the pattern every 2 minutes. I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a gold-ish color. I guess on their website, it would be "dijon". I'm a bit nervous about how a sweater that color will look on me, but I'm willing to give it a try. I say that I cast it on twice because originally I cast on with the main needle size and had missed the "using smaller needles" bit. I managed to get close to gauge with a size 7 needle. I originally cast on with those and thankfully only got about an inch into the ribbing on the back before noticing that I was using the wrong needles (not that it would have been horrible if I hadn't noticed...I think). I've only done about 3 rows with the smaller needles. I'm making the 46 inch bust size as I got 19.5 stitches for 4 inches rather than 19 and I need about a 44 inch bust size. The next smaller in the pattern was a 42, so I figure that 46 should be the best option and turn out about right. I don't want to try larger needles because I like the fabric I got in my swatch and think that the larger needles would make it a bit holey.

No comments:

Post a Comment